An Aadhaar cardholder working with the digital ID need not submit his Aadhaar number every time for confirmation purpose, instead, he may generate a Virtual ID and use it for various verification purposes like telephone amount, bank, and other financial documents.
The digital ID is a substitute for Aadhaar number. This momentary code is composed of 16 numerals that are generated contrary to an Aadhaar number. However, the virtual ID in no instance enables you to recover your initial Aadhaar card. At any given time, only one virtual ID is generated contrary to an Aadhaar number. This is generated as many times as an individual wants.
What is Aadhaar Virtual ID?
Aadhaar Virtual ID is a 16-digit temporary code that can be utilized for Aadhaar authentications. It is possible to give the UIDAI virtual ID as an alternative of one’s Aadhaar number to agencies and guard your own Aadhaar info against being obtained by someone else. It is possible to give the Aadhaar virtual ID to receive your e-KYC done at both private and government organizations.
Digital ID has been started to deal with the issue of Aadhaar data violation as it would become almost impossible to track the Aadhaar number from the virtual ID. The digital ID can also be used for Aadhar card download out of UIDAI’s online portal.
How to generate Aadhar Virtual ID online?
All the Aadhaar cardholders may avail the Aadhaar Virtual ID at the UIDAI’s web site. Even the 16 -digit number is likely to be valid for a definite length of time. Below mentioned are the basic steps which may lead you on what to generate an Aadhaar Virtual ID readily.
- Go to the official Aadhaar Virtual ID site: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/vidgeneration
- Input your Aadhaar number in the box provided and key in the security code.
- Click on “Send OTP”, and then you may receive the OTP in your own documented number.
- Place on your OTP within the area provided on screen and select from the Generate / Indices VID option and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
Aadhar Virtual ID features and Advantages
Here are some of the good features and advantages of using aadhar virtual ID:
- The virtual ID Is Just a temporary 16-digit code that Can replace Aadhaar for authentication
- There’s one virtual reality ID issued in a moment. When a brand new VID is issued, the old is flushed out
- Aadhaar number Cannot Be retrieved from the Digital ID
- It is not mandatory to generate VIDs. Someone can provide his Aadhaar instead of this VID
- No agency is authorized to keep the Digital ID or some other Aadhaar details required for authentication
- Agencies cannot induce applicants to Present Aadhaar amount for e-KYC or verification
- Agencies must take approval from the consumer for authentication with VID
- There Is Not Any limit on the generation of virtual IDs
- The Digital ID is valid before the user generates a new one
So now we guess you know about virtual ID. we also advise you to use virtual ID in case of downloading aadhar or eaadhar online for better security purpose.