The Aadhar card has established itself as one of the main documents for proving the identity. However, ensuring your Aadhar information is safe is crucial. When obtaining an Aadhar card, then individuals must provide their retinal and fingerprint scan data on the government.
This biometric data may be utilized for verification when availing other services. For instance, if you furnish your Aadhar as an ID proof for availing a sim card, then the telecom company may get your data by using your fingerprint as doing so authenticates the ID quickly and speeds up KYC verification.
Lock/Unlock Aadhar Biometric Online at UIDAI portal
- Visit UIDAI’s online portal to lock or unlock your biometrics
- Select the “Lock/Unlock Biometrics” from the Aadhaar Services section
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and also the security code
- Click the Send OTP option
- An OTP will be transmitted to your mobile amount registered with Aadhaar
- Input the OTP delivered to your mobile amount and click on the Login button
- This attribute will Enable You to lock your biometrics
- Enter the 4 digit security code mentioned on the screen and click on the “Enable” button
- Your biometrics will likely be locked and you will have to unlock it in case you want to access it again
- It is possible to unlock the biometrics too.
- Input your Aadhaar number and the security code in the space provided
- Now click the “Send OTP” button
- An OTP will probably be sent into the mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- Input this OTP in the space provided and click on the “Login” button
- In case you want to temporarily unlock the biometrics, then enter the security code and click the “Unlock” button
- Your biometrics will be unlocked again temporarily for 10 minutes
- The locking date and time is mentioned on the display after which biometrics will be automatically secured
- When you don’t want to have a lock on your own biometrics, you are able to disable the lock indefinitely.
- Biometric lock disabling is available only through the online portal site.
- To disable the lock login into the UIDAI gateway using your Aadhaar card
- Enter your Aadhaar number and also the security code
- Enter the security code and then click on the “Disable” button
Lock/Unlock Aadhar Biometric using mAadhar App
If you want to Lock/Unlock mAadhar app then here are the steps:
- Download and Then install the mAadhaar Program
- Insert your profile in the Program
- Open Your Own Aadhaar profile in the Program
- On top right corner of This Program, click the 3 vertical dots
- Find the Biometric Settings option
- Tick the Enable Biometric Locking option
- Now click the tick mark
- An OTP will Probably Be Asked from your mobile number
- UIDAI sends the OTP into the mobile
- The OTP is fed automatically in the application
- There is no option to Join the OTP by Hand
- Your biometric is Obstructed after your approve the Duty
- Yet it Can take up to 6 hours activate the lock
Main reasons of aadhar biometrics
- This usually means that until and unless the biometrics is unlocked or disabled, authentication will not be possible through the biometric method.
- Below this service, the user’s fingerprints and iris scan is still locked. You don’t need to unlock your biometrics as soon as you’ve disabled the lock.
- In order to safeguard your details again, you’ve got to lock your biometrics.
- You will have to login into UIDAI’s portal to either lock, unlock Aadhaar biometrics or disable the lock
- To avoid misuse of biometric authentication, UIDAI has made provisions through which users may lock their biometrics from being used for authentication.
- Your mobile number should be registered with Aadhaar to avail this facility
- An OTP is delivered into your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- You Need to enter the OTP to login into your account at the UIDAI’s portal site
- The biometric lock could be unlocked temporarily for authentication.
- When unlocked, an individual gets a window of 10 minutes during which he could authenticate his biometric details.
- The biometric authentication will never be possible after 10 minutes as the data is locked automatically.
- In the event that you don’t wish to maintain your biometrics secured, you can disable the biometric lock.
So now we hope you know the complete process of Locking and Unlocking of aadhar biometrics online as well as with the help of maadhar application. But remember once you lock the biometrics you need to unlock it first to verify your KYC information when it’s required.