An Aadhaar is a distinctive 12-digit number that’s issued to each resident residing in India based on the demographic and biometric data. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) collects essential data and stores it into their bonded database for additional processing.
Although the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has obtained huge efforts in providing the best Aadhaar services into the Indian residents, you will find instances if people still face grievances every occasionally. From enrolment process to receiving receipts or upgrading any wrong info, individuals still face multiple troubles.
To overcome most these, the UIDAI has set a “grievance redressal system” to take care of the concerns or problems that residents might face anything associated with Aadhaar. A contact facility has been creating by the UIDAI by which citizens can get in touch with the company.
Don’t Miss – Aadhar Related FAQ
Common Problems And Their Solutions
- What to do if the UIDAI rejects a resident and she or he is not issued an Aadhaar card?
- If this problem takes place, the legal reasons for approving a resident is hauled to him alongside the Registrar. Any measure taken following the rejection will be conveyed to both the parties too.
- What to do when a resident happens to misplace or lose his Aadhaar card?
- If your resident misplaces or loses his/her Aadhaar card does not have their Aadhaar number, then he/she can get in touch with the respective Contact Centre via phone, place, or email.
- The resident can achieve this by using his/her Enrolment number and also a request can be increased with the facility to ship another Aadhaar card.
- What to do if the Aadhaar card doesn’t reach the planned resident or the delivery has neglected?
- In the event the aadhaar card is not brought into the respective individual, then he should get in contact the UIDAI Contact Centre and then supply them with his/her Enrolment number. Instead, a resident can sign in to the UIDAI standard web site and check the status of his/her Aadhaar application by filling out the mandatory information on the site.
- What to do if your Aadhaar card contains grammatical errors or every further demographic error in address, name, date of birth and gender?
- At the period of enrolment, the resident is likely to input the right data. As the resident can view the entrance of the data, he or she must double check to make sure there aren’t any mistakes or errors before submitting the info.
- However, if the information provided still contains errors, the resident is given yet another chance to correct the mistakes before it is delivered for finalization. If errors are not identified and adjusted, the Enrolment Acknowledgement letter is going to be published according to the information submitted.
- Even if the errors aren’t seen and adjusted after this period, the resident could have to visit the enrolment center so as to carry out demographic correction. It has to be achieved over two weeks after the enrolment. Moreover, the resident regarding submitting all the documents pertinent to the corrections and also the enrolment slip at the center.
- Ordinarily, a kid receives their Aadhaar in Blue color. Is that true and valid?
- this really is just a valid aadhaar card. According to the hottest aadhaar coverages, UIDAI is giving aadhaar in blue color to kids between your age 5 and 0. Subsequent to age, the issued grim Aadhaar gets excruciating. Hence, the child needs to have his /her biometric and demographic information upgraded at the nearest center with precisely the very same aadhaar amount. If this isn’t done in the time, the aadhar becomes excruciating.
- What to do in case of the name in Aadhaar and PAN are all different? Can they make a concern whilst connecting?
- To connect Aadhaar and PAN with each other, ones own demographic information (date of birth, sex, and name, etc.. ) has to fit. A good little mismatch can result in concern during the time of connecting. The procedure will probably fail and there would have been an instant to alter the name from the database. That really is just another distinct procedure, which included a few paperwork.
So now we hope this post has solved some of your questions and doubts. You can read other articles and guides posted here to know the answers to other questions.