Linking Aadhaar using PAN is required just for those individuals who are entitled to obtaining Aadhaar. Certain individuals who are exempt from this rule include:
- Foreign nationals living in India also usually do not have to mandatorily obtain Aadhaar related to PAN.
- NRIs, OCIs, POIs, etc. who do not reside in India but conduct businesses here usually do not need to receive their PAN associated with Aadhaar.
- Tax-payers of Assam, Meghalaya, and J&K will also be exempted from linking their PAN together with Aadhaar.
Aadhar Seeding with PAN Card online
Linking PAN and Aadhaar online for Income Tax Return (ITR) filing is very straightforward plus it completes in seconds. steps are mentioned below:
- Visit at the ITR e-filing website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in).
- Go Through the Hyperlink Aadhaar option from the Services section.
- Enter your PAN number & Aadhaar number
- Enter your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- Tick the square if your date of birth is mentioned in your Aadhaar card.
- Enter the verification code and submit the form.
Your Aadhaar will be linked immediately with your PAN. Nevertheless, your PAN won’t be linked with Aadhaar if details like name, sex, and date of birth do not match both documents.
In that situation, you may first need to acquire your details adjusted after which join both documents back again.
Linking PAN and Aadhaar by SMS
The citizen needs to type an email UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN> and the information needs to be delivered to 567678 or even 56161.
By way of instance, if a citizen’s Aadhaar number is 987654121221 along with also his PAN will be ABCDE1234F, he’s got to type the message UIDPAN 987654121221 ABCDE1234F and ship it into 567678 or even 56161.
How to Correct Errors in Aadhar Card?
In case there are errors on your Aadhaar card, then you won’t be able to link your PAN. It is a prerequisite to get your Aadhaar details rectified first. But this course of action is not as tough or time taking.
- See UIDAI’s Personal Service Update Portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Log in to the portal by inputting your Aadhaar number and the OTP provided for a registered phone.
- From the Data Update Request section, apply for Aadhar correction/update of your info.
- In the Records Configure section, upload relevant documents together with your own application.
- In BPO Service Provider Choice section, select a team that will help you in the rectification of errors.
- Once resolved, it is possible to easily get your own PAN and Aadhaar linked so that your revenue Tax is processed without any hassle.
Aadhaar cardholders can also stop by a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre with relevant supporting documents to receive their details upgraded fast.
They have to fill out the form and submit it together with self-attested copies of evidence.
How to Correct Errors in PAN Card?
So as to get your PAN card details corrected, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the NSDL PAN website (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html).
- Select Changes or Correction in Existing PAN Data / Reprint of PAN Card choice from the drop-down list in the Application Type section.
- Select your class as a Man then Fill your details in the form and click the Submit button.
- Submit relevant documents authenticating your petition in the shape.
- A fee of Rs 107 must be submitted just in case the address of communication is within India and Rs 989 needs to be submitted in case the address of communicating is out India.
The updated PAN card will be delivered to the address within 45 days of application.
FAQ Related to Aadhar Seeding with PAN Card
Q. I don’t have Aadhaar. Can I e-file?
A. you are still able to e-file your income tax returns even if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar. However, you need to link both documents soon as it can be required for the next fiscal.
Q. I don’t fall from the taxable income bracket. If I have to get Aadhaar or link it into PAN?
A. Even in the event that you may not come under the income tax slab, then you should enroll for Aadhaar and connect your PAN together with Aadhaar to prevent deactivation.
Q. What information should I provide to enroll Aadhaar in the ITD e-Filing website?
A. You have to just cite your Aadhaar number when filing your income tax returns. No other details related to an Aadhaar have to be mentioned here.
Q. How you can reset my password through Aadhaar at the Income Tax e-filing website for somebody user?
A. You are able to enter your PAN and choose the Forgot Password option. Then you have to give the cell number registered with Aadhaar. An OTP will be transmitted to your cellular number. Enter this OTP to reset your password.